Your browser does not support JavaScript!
an image
This is an image for the page banner
This is an image for the page header
Community Education / Community Use
 General Equivalency Diploma (GED)


Do You Need a Grade 12 Equivalency Diploma?

General Educational Development (GED) is an international testing program for adults who have been unable to complete high school. We recognize that adults acquire knowledge, skills and concepts through working, training, travelling, reading, and other informal learning.

GED Tests are available in all Canadian Provinces and Territories except Quebec, all of the United States, and in several other foreign countries. In 1993, almost 800,000 people took the GED Tests in North America.

If you require a grade 12 diploma, then this is an option you may want to consider. The Ministry of Education has developed a test for adults who would like to attain their Grade 12. If you are 19 years of age, have not graduated from high school, have been out of the school system for at least one full year and are a resident of Ontario, you will qualify to write the GED test.  For more information visit the Independent Learning Centre @  or locally contact your closest Adult Learning Centre: Walkerton 519-881-3858; Wiarton (519)534-4911; Port Elgin (519)389-2302; Kincardine (519)396-6004; and Owen Sound (519)376-6628.

© 2013 - Bluewater District School Board